Law in Education: Help or Hindrance?
by Roderick Flynn
Communications présentées lors du 14e congrès annuel de l’ACEPLSE à Jasper en 2003.
- And Justice for Some: The Funding of Historical, Independent High Schools in Saskatchewan
- Limitations on Teachers’ Right to Strike: Should Essential Services Legislation Apply to the Education Sector?
Nancy F. Barteaux
- Teacher Performance Appraisal: The Change, The Use
Joanne Bénard and Dr. Shirley Van Nuland
- School Discipline in a Legal and Regulatory Environment: Perspectives of High School Vice-Principals
- Issues in Long Term Disability Insurance: An Educator’s Primer
Eric J. Bundgard and Richard Evenson
- The Rule of Law in Professional Disciplinary Hearings: Help or Hindrance?
James T. Casey
- Teacher/Student Interaction
- The Impact of Special Education Appeals and Special Education Tribunals to Ontario School Boards
- How Independent are Independent Schools?
- Between a Legal Rock and a Practical Hard Place: The Principal Delimma
Collette Dowhaniuk, Faye Drennan and Rob Whetter
- Equality in the School House: Has the Charter Made a Difference?
William F. Foster and William J. Smith
- Advising Principals: Using the Law to Improve Schools and Support School Leaders
J. Rene Gallant
- Teachers and Their Families as School Trustees: Legislative Limits and Constitutional Rights
- What Should We Do About Bullying?
Teresa Hepburn and Eric M. Roher
- Safe Schools: Some Lessons We Have Learned
Michael Hill and Marion Hoffer
- Case Studies on Sexual Misconduct in the Education Context
Vicki Kelman and Marion Hoffer
- The Ontario College of Teachers’ Professional Advisory on Sexual Abuse and Sexual Misconduct: Beyond Its Delegated Powers?
John W.T. Judson and Leanna J.T. Simpson
- A Preliminary View of Jurisdiction and Governance in the Field of Aboriginal Education in Ontario
- The Criminalization of Education
David W.T. Matheson
- School Closure Decisions in Canada: Law, Policies and Politics
John C. MacPherson, QC and Ian C. Pickard
- Pushing the Limits: School Board, Field Trips and Legal Liability
Eleanor A. Olszewski
- Leadership and Governance in Public Education
- Equality Rights and Special Education
- “In The Public Interest” Privacy vs. The Public’s Right to Know
- Keeping Schools Out of Court: Reasonable Tort Standards for Schools to Address Psychological Harm
Dr. Shaheen Shariff
- Bringing the Law into the Classroom: A Review of the Legal and Policy Issues Surrounding Suspensions, Exclusions and Expulsions
- When Special Needs Education and Safety Collide: How School Boards Can Balance the Competing Interests of Special Needs Students and Maintain a Safe School Environment
Jennifer E. Trépanier and Brian P. Nolan
- The Funding of Public Education in Canada: Privatization By Stealth?
- Teacher Performance Appraisal
Robert W. Weir and Guy B. Bisson