CAPSLE BURSARY 2017/18
Following the Annual General Meeting in 2016, the Canadian Association for the Practical Study of Law in Education (“CAPSLE”) established a bursary to provide financial assistance to students entering post-secondary Education and/or Law programs. One $1,000 bursary is available for the 2017/2018 academic year (the “Bursary”) on the terms set out below.
The following are the eligibility criteria for the Bursary:
(a) The applicant must have been accepted to a Canadian university program in a recognized Faculty of Education and/or Faculty of Law in the 2017/18 academic year;
(b) Priority will be given to applicants who identify as a member of a group that is under-represented in Education and/or Law.
1. The applicant must provide the following documents in support of a Bursary application:
- Documentary proof that the applicant is accepted to a program at a recognized Faculty of Education and/or Law at a Canadian university, or will be continuing in such program, in the 2017/2018 academic year;
- A short essay, up to 500 words, describing how the applicant meets the eligibility criteria and why the applicant is studying Education and/or Law, including thoughtful commentary on the nexus between Education and Law; and
- Professionally formatted resume, including leadership experience applicable to intended area(s) of study.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all documents are consolidated into a single PDF file and e-mailed to email@example.com no later than May 30, 2017.
2. CAPSLE’s Board of Directors, or a committee thereof, will evaluate the applications and select an applicant that best meets the eligibility criteria and terms of the Bursary.
3. The successful applicant will be advised of the CAPSLE Board’s decision with respect to the Bursary by no later than September 30, 2017.
4. The successful applicant will be provided with the Bursary funds on a date between September 30, 2017 and December 31, 2017, conditional upon providing proof of tuition paid equal to or greater than $1,000 by no later than December 31, 2017. The successful applicant agrees to return the Bursary funds to CAPSLE if the applicant discontinues the intended course of study for any reason during the 2017/18 academic year.
5. By submitting an application, an applicant agrees to the terms of the Bursary, and consents to:
(a) publication of his/her name and essay, or portions thereof, in CAPSLE publications, including CAPSLE’s website; and
(b) receive information related to CAPSLE electronically, which consent may be withdrawn at any time by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.